Regional Appraisals Manager
Since 2010 Pall Mall Art Advisors, an international art appraisal and advisory firm, has endeavored to break the traditional ‘art advisory’ mold to provide a wide range of services tailored to the individual needs of private, institutional and professional clients as they engage with the global art market. Pall Mall Art Advisors is a highly respected source of independent advice for those buying or selling art, antiques and collectables. We are also market leaders in valuation services for the purposes of insurance, estate and tax planning and at the cutting edge of collections management. Tangible Asset Management is the umbrella term encompassing all aspects of our business.
We are seeking a Regional Appraisals Manager to join our Conshohocken, PA office to provide support to National Sales team and oversee our team of experienced appraisers and art advisors in conjunction with our Director of Appraisers.
- Industry Knowledge – Facility with industry and appraisal guidelines for Insurance, Damage loss, IRS donation, IRS Estate Probate, IRS Gift Tax, Divorce equitable distribution, and Current Knowledge of USPAP guidelines and tax changes related to tangible assets
- Project Management – Skillful in organizing, implementing, and managing projects and tasks including multiple budgets, timelines and deliverables simultaneously.
- Executive Administrative Assistant Experience including coordinating calls, organizing schedule and events, communication and correspondence with clients and referral sources, dissemination of information, research and collecting client data.
- Excellent customer service, interpersonal and conflict management skills
- Independent, pro-active, balanced approach with positive attitude under tight deadlines
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Must be able to handle large work loads
- Ability to work under high pressure and very busy situations
- Facilitative Management – Ability to motivate and empower individuals and groups through Team Building, Coaching & Goal Setting
- Leadership – Skillful in creating a strategic vision, motivating excellence in performance leading by example of action.
- Understanding and knowledge of the Museum, Gallery, Auction and Fine Art Markets
RESPONSIBILITIES are inclusive of but not limited to:
- Serve as a point person for all appraisal clients including major national relationships
- Assess client’s needs, send proposal, book appointment & annual review (when possible) and collect payment
- Schedule, coordinate & follow up with appraisers for onsite or remote appraisals; appraisal reminders, expense and Invoice reminder as well as photography and documentation submission
- Work with the administrative team to efficiently bring projects to conclusion
- Engage with clients regarding appointments, appraisals, general inquiries
- Follow-up with client referral sources for clients they refer including project update and answering any questions they may have
- Confirm appraisal appointments and project status updates with Sales Team including changes to appointments, project scope, and budget.
- Complete and confirm final Invoicing for clients and accounting department
- Overseeing Weekly, Monthly, Quarterly and Annual Reporting in various formats
Respond to incoming telephone calls, perform necessarily follow up and communicate with sales team on client status.
- Review, edit, and deliver final appraisal reporting to client
- Work very closely as support staff to one senior sales team member
- Coordinate Regionally & Internationally for multi-territorial appraisals
- Communicate any workflow changes with team and appraisers
- Schedule Annual Appraisal Review & Issue Annual Review Letters
- Maintain CRM system including tracking New Business, Projected Income, Confirmed Deals, Projects in Process and Closed Deals.
This is a full time position with benefits. Salary commensurate with experience. Please email your resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject “Regional Appraisals Manager”. Pall Mall Art Advisors is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Please no calls. www.pallmallartadvisors.com